sightsee – (v) to go and see interesting places and tourist attractions.
itinerary – (n) the plan of your travel, the places you will visit on a trip.
brochure – (n) a small leaflet or booklet usually advertising or giving some information.
accommodation – (n) a place where people can live or sleep.
destination – (n) the place someone is travelling to.
departure – (n) the act of leaving or going away.
route – (n) the way or the roads you travel to get to your destination.
ecotourism – (n) environmentally friendly tourism, usually to a place of nature.
festival – (n) a time of celebration or ceremony.
backpacking – (v) to go travelling with a backpack.
Are you confident you have learnt this vocabulary? Then it’s time to try the quiz!
Select the correct missing words: 1.I hope you know the __________ . I don’t want to get lost again!
• departure 2.Please check our __________ for details of our entrance fees and opening times.
3.Here is a copy of the __________ for your 7 day coach trip to Vietnam. Please check the times and departure locations carefully!
4. Next week our tour will be visiting Moscow. Your __________ will be provided for you, you don’t have to worry about booking a hotel.
5. __________ is very popular in parts of Asia. Many tourists love to travel in an environmentally friendly way.
6. The American students went __________ through Thailand, Laos and Cambodia with just a little money and a few clothes.
7. The flight is set for __________ at midday. Please come to check in at least one hour before midday.
8. We will reach our __________ in a couple of hours. Then the holiday will begin!
9. If you have time to __________ when visiting India you must go to the Taj Mahal.
10. The Carnival of Brazil is an annual __________ held 46 days before Easter.