One day, Hare was mocking the short feet and slow pace of Tortoise. Tortoise replied: “As swift as you may be, I will beat you in a race.”
Hare took this as a joke and agreed to the proposal, just for fun. On the day appointed for the race, the two started together. Tortoise didn’t stop or even slow down once, but went on with a steady pace straight to the end of the course. Hare, thinking he had time enough, took a nap under a tree. At last, waking up and running as fast as he could, he tried to catch up with Tortoise, but it was too late. Tortoise had already won the race!
1. List 3 verbs in this story:
2. Circle all the adjectives in the story.
3. Who are the characters in the story?
4. What can we learn from this story?
5. What can you do so you can be like Tortoise?