Notting Hill is a district in North-west London. It is the place of the annual Notting Hill Carnival. It is Europe’s biggest street party and the second biggest carnival in the world.
It began in the ’60s when only a few hundred people came. It grew bigger every year and two million people came this year. The weather was nice and everybody had a good time.
There were also 9,000 police officers who kept the people safe. One policewoman explained that they were trying a face recognition technology there. It would identify people who should not be at the carnival.
Answer the questions:
- What is this text about ?
- Where is it ?
- Is this carnival very famous and important ?
- When did it begin ?
- How many people came this year ?
- What was the weather like ?
- How many officers were there ?
- What was their role ?
- What new method did they use to identify people who should not be there?